Black Arch VMware Installation
In this documentation, you will find the necessary steps to set up the Linux distribution Black Arch as a virtual machine in VMware Workstation.
- Black Arch Linux Image File: Black Arch Linux 2020.12 amd64 full ISO (download from https://blackarch.org/downloads.html )
- VMware Workstation (15.5 is used in this tutorial)
ISO file download
Download the newest Black Arch Linux ISO file from the official website.
Open VMware Workstation and follow these configurations for a successful installation:
- Click on File -> New Virtual Machine; a window with the configuration will pop up
- Choose Custom as the type of configuration and click Next>
- Choose Installer disc image file (iso) and find path to the downloaded Black Arch ISO file, then click Next>
- As Guest operating system select Linux and set the Version to Other Linux 5.x or later kernel 64-bit, then click Next>
- Set up the VM name, path, and at the processor configuration, go for 1 processor with 2 cores per processor
- Set the Memory for this virtual machine to 1024 MB and for network type choose NAT
- For SCSI Controller choose the LSI Logic (recommended) and for Disk Type choose SCSI (recommended)
- Choose "Create a new virtual disk" and set theMaximum Disk Size to 50 GB;
- Choose Store virtual disk as a single file (or Split virtual disk into multiple files if that suits your needs better), then click Next> and Finish
Now you're all set:
Your first login must be as:
➥ user: root
➥ password: blackarch
Afterwards, you may change the password, create new users etc.
- Virtual machine in VMWare: 4 vCPUs, 8GB RAM, 100GB SCSI HDD