Difference between revisions of "Fritz!Box: Printer does not print when used as a network printer"
(Created page with "<div style="max-width: 970px"> == Summary == A USB printer set up as a [https://wiki.elvis.science/index.php?title=Set_up_USB_printer_on_FRITZ!Box_as_network_printer network...")
Revision as of 15:54, 25 June 2020
A USB printer set up as a network printer on the FRITZ!Box does not respond to print jobs from a computer in the home network.
Perform the operations described here one by one. After each action, check if the problem is resolved.
Step 1: Deactivating Offline Operation of the Printer
- Windows 10
1. On the Windows taskbar, click (Start) and then click (Settings).
2. On the "Settings" menu, click "Devices", and then click "Printers & Scanners".
3. In the "Printers & Scanner" section, click the printer connected to the FRITZ!Box.
4. Click on "Open queue".
5. In the new window, open the "Printers" menu.
6. If a tick appears in front of the entry "Use printer offline", click on the entry to remove the tick.
Step 2: Disable bidirectional support for printers
- Windows 10
- macOS, Linux and other operating systems:
Step 3: Configure firewall
Step 4: Printer is not supported by FRITZ!Box
1. Connect the printer to the computer via the FRITZ!Box USB remote port.