Fritz!Box: Printer does not print when using the USB Remote Connection
A printer connected to the computer via the FRITZ!Box USB Remote Connection on the FRITZ!Box does not respond to print jobs.
Step 1: Activate printer port in Windows 10
1. On the Windows taskbar, click (Start) and then click (Settings).
2. On the "Settings" menu, click "Devices", and then click "Printers & Scanners".
3. Right-click on the printer connected to the FRITZ! box and select "Printer Properties" from the context menu.
4. Click on the "Ports" tab.
5. Activate "USB00[x] Virtual printer port for USB". If no other printer is installed on the computer, the name is "USB001 Virtual Printer Port for USB".
6. Click "Apply" to save the settings.
Step 2: Set up the computer's firewall
A firewall on the computer with FRITZ!Box
FRITZ!Box USB Remote Connection can disturb the communication between the program and the FRITZ!Box:
1. Either: Set up an exception in the firewall for the
FRITZ!Box USB Remote Connection program.
Or: Set up the firewall to allow incoming and outgoing TCP and UDP connections from port 2066 on the
FRITZ!Box to any destination port on the computer.