Set up FRITZ!Box for Internet access via mobile phone (LTE/UMTS)
The FRITZ!Box is optimally prepared for Internet access via mobile phone. All you need to do is insert your SIM card into the FRITZ!Box and enter your PIN in the FRITZ!Box user interface, and all the devices in your home network will have unlimited access to the complete FRITZ!Box range of functions for Internet, telephony and multimedia.
Functions for which a public IP address is required (e.g. incoming VPN connections) can only be used in home tariffs, not at all or only to a limited extent, depending on the mobile network operator.
Step 1: Insert SIM card in FRITZ!Box1. Insert the SIM card (mini-SIM, 25 x 15 x 0.76 mm) that you received from your mobile phone provider into the SIM slot so that the bevelled corner of the
card is on the left and the contact surface is facing down.
- The SIM card protrudes a few millimetres from the SIM slot.
Step 2: Screw LTE antennas to FRITZ!Box
1. Screw the two LTE antennas from the scope of supply onto the LTE antenna sockets of the FRITZ! box.
Step 3: Set up Internet access in FRITZ!Box
1. Call up the FRITZ! box user interface.
2. Enter the FRITZ! box password from the bottom of the device and click on "Login".
3. If the Internet access wizard does not start automatically, click on "Wizards" and then on "Set up Internet access".
4. Activate the option "Access via mobile phone" and click on "Next".
5. Enter the PIN (Personal Identification Number) for your SIM card in the wizard.
- Now the FRITZ! box determines your mobile phone and Internet provider.
6. If your Internet provider or tariff is displayed correctly, click on "Next" and follow the instructions of the wizard.
If your Internet provider could not be determined or an incorrect Internet provider or tariff is displayed, click on "Change Internet Provider"
and follow the instructions of the wizard.
Step 4: Set up telephony in FRITZ!Box
If you have received the registration data for Internet telephony from a provider and want to operate telephones on the FRITZ!Box: