Difference between revisions of "Set up USB printer on FRITZ!Box as network printer"
(Created page with "<div style="max-width: 970px"> == Summary == You can set up a USB printer connected to the FRITZ! box as a network printer and use it on all devices in your home network. ==...")
Revision as of 04:29, 25 June 2020
You can set up a USB printer connected to the FRITZ! box as a network printer and use it on all devices in your home network.
- The USB printer must be able to receive data in RAW (unidirectional RAW over TCP) format. Printers that require encapsulated or bidirectional data
transmission (e.g. some GDI or LIDIL printers) cannot be used as network printers.
- Additional functions of multifunction devices such as scanning or faxing cannot be used as network printers. It is not possible to call up
the ink level indicator.
- Apple iOS devices (iPhone, iPad or iPod touch) can only use printers that use Apple AirPrint technology.
Step 1: Preparations
- Disable USB remote port for printer
➤ It is only possible to use the printer as a network printer if it is not configured for use with the FRITZ!Box USB remote port:
1. Click on "Home network" in the FRITZ! box user interface.
2. Click "USB devices" in the "Home network" menu.
3. Click on the "Remote USB connection" tab. If the tab is not displayed, first activate the Advanced View.
4. Uncheck the "Printers (including multifunction printers)" option.
5. Click "Apply" to save the settings.
- Connect printer with FRITZ!Box
1. Connect the printer to the USB port of the FRITZ!Box.
Step 2: Set up printer
- Windows 10
1. On the Windows taskbar, click (Start) and then click (Settings).
2. On the Settings menu, click Devices, and then click Printers & Scanners.3. Click "Add a printer or scanner".
➔ Now Windows will look for new printers and scanners and after a few seconds, it will display the "The printer you want isn't listed" link.4. Click the "The printer you want isn't listed" link.
➔ Now the "Add Printer" window opens.
5. In the Add Printer window, select the "Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or hostname" option and click "Next".
6. In the input field "Host name or IP address:" enter
7. Click "Next" and then click "Next" again.
8. Select the printer manufacturer and printer model and click "Next".
If the printer is not displayed, install the printer driver first, and then repeat the steps in this guide.
9. Click "Next".
10. If the "Printer Sharing" window appears, select "Do not share this printer" and click "Next".
11. Click "Finish".